Tempe Auto Repair: Proven Benefits Of Regular Vehicle Maintenance
Whether you buy your vehicle new or used, there are specific services that will need to be performed on a regular basis. With the right auto repair shop in Tempe on your side you can make your vehicle last longer with these services, such as regular oil changes, wheel alignment and transmission services. Taking care of the regular maintenance will provide you with many benefits. Imagine you’re stranded on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck.
After your vehicle arrives at our Tempe auto repair shop, you discover you could have prevented the breakdown with a few simple services. Our mechanic informs you the breakdown occurred because you failed to get a tune up, or perhaps you forgot to get an oil change at the proper interval. It all could have been prevented with simple maintenance.
Five Benefits You Gain from Preventative Vehicle Maintenance
1. Your Vehicle Will Hold Its Value Better We all know once you drive a new car off the lot it drops in value, but you can keep it from really dropping in value with proper scheduled maintenance. When you’re ready to sell the vehicle or trade it in, you’ll get more for it if you have a record of regular oil changes, transmission services, oil changes, engine cooling system flushes, etc. These are all things you can get done here at Elite Auto Repair in Tempe, and we can advise you when these services are necessary. Your vehicle will command a much higher price if the buyer knows you took care of it. Whether you sell it to a private party or you plan to sell it to a dealer, a file folder full of work orders showing the vehicle received regular service will go a long way to your credit.
2. More Out Of Your Vehicle When you maintain the engine and all the other working parts of your car, truck or van, you’ll find that it will last longer. There’s a reason why mechanics recommend you get your oil changed every 3,000 miles and other services are performed on the proper schedule. If you don’t use preventative maintenance to take care of your vehicle, it could break down much sooner than expected.
3. Saves Gas Oil changes specifically can help you save on gas. With clean oil and a new oil filter, you’ll get better gas mileage and with the high price of fuel, this can help you save quite a bit of money. You’ll also save if you keep your tires inflated properly, change the air filter regularly and use other maintenance services to keep your vehicle running at its optimal performance level.
4. Lower Repair Costs If your vehicle is regularly serviced, our auto repair shop in Tempe can catch an issue before it becomes a bigger issue. This can prevent you from spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars to repair your vehicle when a simple, inexpensive repair can be done before the problem escalates. It could be as simple as replacing a sensor, hose or belt. Just by getting a wheel alignment, when necessary, you can save money on your tires. This also goes for regular tire rotation and full service oil changes. When our auto repair shop does a full service oil change, they’ll check all your fluids, test the battery and make sure your vehicle is ready for the road again. This can help to keep future repair costs down, as we can point out small things to take care of now to prevent larger issues from happening later.
5. Creates A More Reliable Vehicle There’s nothing worse than getting in your car to go somewhere and not knowing if it’ll make it there and back. Used vehicles can especially be worrisome, but with the right auto repair shop helping to maintain your vehicle, you won’t have anything to worry about. We can perform a full check as soon as you buy the vehicle or even before you purchase it, make recommendations and keep you on schedule. A trusted mechanic can be a great asset for your new vehicle and can keep you on the road driving without the concern of breaking down. We can test the most important parts of your car and let you know whether you need to get it in for service or not. Whether you buy a vehicle brand new or you get a used one, you’ll need to perform specific maintenance to keep it running at peak performance. The alternative can leave you stranded on the side of the road, which can be very stressful and dangerous. Towing and the repair bills can be very costly as well. Your best insurance against this this type of scenario is regular maintenance from the ASE Certified auto mechanics here at Elite Auto Repair in Tempe. Give us a call and make an appointment today:
Unless you’re a car mechanic, it might be difficult to diagnose what’s wrong with your vehicle when you hear a noise or feel something that normally isn’t there. But, if you’re having issues with steering including weird noises, problems braking, going from a smooth ride to a bumpy or shaky one, or if your car seems to be swaying or leaning when you turn, then you should be asking yourself:
Today I’d like to talk about the simple oil change. The oil change itself may be simple, but there’s some pretty important things to know about preventing oil sludge. Oil eventually turns into a jelly-like sludge. Now, sludge clogs up oil passages and keeps oil from getting to some areas of the engine, causing parts to wear out prematurely, and that means expensive engine repairs. That’s why you need to change your oil and oil filter on schedule, to get the old oil out before it turns to sludge.